Good bye fedora. It was nice while you didn't work, but now that i have you figured out it is time to move on.
Ok well not totally figured out, but now that I can use it as a complete replacement for windows I have decided that I miss windows.
The hardest thing to get working was my company's juniper SSL vpn client. The problem is mostly fedora x86_64. When I switched to Fedora 13 X86 and installed xterm and oracle's java then it worked well.
What I liked about fedora:
YUM and finding open source software.
gnome-rdp
Empathy - I think this is the best IM client
eclipse, netbeans
qbrew
pino
wireshark
transmission
Gnome
compiz is really cool. The 3d window wobble and multi desktop effects are really cool. I think I will miss multi desktop the most when I return to win7.
What I disliked:
Linux desktops are not as stable windows desktops - for real! Often I would wake my laptop up and the screen would be messed up.
updates usually required reboot
Evolution mail client is no replacement for outlook. OpenOffice - who really wants to learn something that sort of looks like office, but just isn't?
Flash for linux is barely working. It uses tons of cpu and full screen would lag. HD was a no go.
No comments:
Post a Comment